Lancaster University Ghana Job Vacancies 2019 | The Lancaster University Ghana Jobs recruitment 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline 2019.
Lancaster University Ghana Job Vacancy Positions 2019 & How to Apply
Below, are the latest updates on Lancaster University Ghana 2019 Jobs Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and others important links below on Eduloaded.org as well as on the official Lancaster University Ghana Jobs Carriers website / portal for free.
- Don’t forget that Lancaster University Ghana recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Lancaster University Ghana Job Positions 2019
We are a dynamic, ambitious and growing university community. We offer a friendly working environment and are committed to developing:
- An excellent student academic and social experience;
- Students’ employability and enterprise skills;
- World-class academic staff, with strong links with industry;
- Research activities in collaboration with other higher education institutions in Ghana and elsewhere.
Lancaster University Ghana / Transnational Academic Group Ghana is looking for dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with passion for research and engagement and a commitment to excellence to fill the following position: RESEARCH AND ENGAGEMENT OFFICER (IRP, FITA)
This new high profile role will be an important member of the research team for the £6.8M RECIRCULATE project funded by Research Councils UK through the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF). GCRF funding over 4 years will support new partnership-based approaches to enable West African researchers to grow transformational impact through (i) working with, in and for their communities and (ii) developing robust, durable and equitable partnerships with UK researchers. RECIRCULATE is a collaboration between Lancaster University (LUMS LEC, Engineering and Biomedical & Life Sciences), LU Ghana, CSIR Ghana, and University of Benin, with phased expansion to other partners in Kenya, Malawi, Zambia and Botswana.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will play a leading role in Work Package 1: Entrepreneurship and Innovation to develop a 12-months Integrated Research Project (IRP) around Fostering Incubation of Technology across Africa (FITA). This IRP initially focused on exploring, understanding and sharing experiences of incubation models in knowledge intensive environments across RECIRCULATE partners (such as universities and research institutes). It was agreed to support a pilot, creating a CSIR technology incubator at the Institute of Industrial Research. This project could provide physical space, in under-utilized offices and labs at the Institute of Industrial Research facilities in Accra, for technology-focused start-ups, which have the potential to encourage with the CSIR knowledge base and contribute to the CSIR entrepreneurial ecosystem. The CSIR technology incubator could also provide a facility to host SETS workshops, networking events and become a Tech Hub for Accra. Importantly, the model developed by the pilot could be used across all partners
- To identify what are the incubation models and innovation trends across African innovation ecosystem;
- Take a lead in developing proposals for supporting incubation in partners and encourage visiting incubators for scientists and entrepreneurs in the ‘water economy’;
- To contribute to the wider activities of the RECIRCULATE project that ensure the integration of technological innovation and incubation models across work-packages, partner organisations and academic disciplines;
- To work closely with RECIRCULATE partners, especially the other two Research/Engagement officers for WINA (Women Innovators Network for Africa) and SETA(Stimulating Entrepreneurial Thinking across Africa)
- To contribute to workshops, training and networking events in the areas of innovation, networks, technology, knowledge exchange and entrepreneurship;
- To produce and present materials for presenting and disseminating SETA to the business community;
- To collaborate with business and their wider communities and to produce content for project reports, publications, website and social media;
The candidate will be required to produce relevant documentation/reports in line with requirements of the funding body as directed.
The candidate will be part of RECIRCULATE IRP based at Lancaster University Ghana. The appointment would be for 12 months in the first instance but, subject to funding, these could be extended if desirable.
Required Skills or Experience
|Required Academic Qualifications and Competencies||Essential/Desirable||Application /Supporting Statements/Interview|
|MPhil. Degree or equivalent||Essential||Application|
|Experience of working with/for or researching small and medium sized businesses, and an understanding of their needs||Essential||Interview / Supporting Statements|
|Experience of working internationally with multiple stakeholders and/or experience of working in Africa||Essential||Interview / Supporting Statements|
|Ability to facilitate workshops/sessions or an interest to learn||Essential||Interview / Supporting Statements|
|Excellent communication skills, both verbal, written and graphical||Essential||Interview|
|Good networking skills||Essential||Interview|
|Experience of organising and analysing quantitative and/or qualitative research||Essential||Interview / Supporting Statements|
|Experience of conducting applied academic research||Essential||Interview|
|Proven experience in writing, presenting and publishing academic work||Essential||Application Form|
|Research interests that overlap or complement: business/entrepreneurship, innovation, networks or entrepreneurial learning, knowledge management||Essential||Interview|
|Ability to compile reports (both consultancy reports and research papers)||Desirable||Interview|
|An understanding of project-based work – and procedures associated with good working practice||Desirable||Supporting Statements|
|Motivated and confident self-starter||Essential||Interview|
|Accuracy and attention to detail||Essential||Interview|
|Ability to plan and organise own work, and work to deadlines||Essential||Interview|
|Ability to work collaboratively in a team both within the School and across the institution.||Essential||Interview|
|Ability to gain access and maintain the interest and cooperation of collaborating organizations||Desirable||Interview|
|Able to travel to other locations including locations in UK and Africa||Essential||Interview|
How to Apply For Lancaster University Ghana Job Vacancies
Application: Applicant to submit an application with curriculum vitae. Normally used to evaluate factual evidence e.g. award of a qualification. Will be “scored” as part of the shortlisting process. Supporting Statements: Applicants to provide a statement to demonstrate how they meet the criteria. The response will be “scored” as part of the shortlisting process. Interview: Assessed during the interview process by either competency based interview questions, tests, presentation, etc. Qualified persons should please send their application together with Curriculum Vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Research & Engagement Officer (IRP, FITA) in the subject line.
- Closing date: 24th September 2019
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Lancaster University Ghana Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.