Investment Bank Job Vacancies for Credit Risk Professionals | Requirements and How to apply.
INVESTMENT BANK looking for Credit Risk Professionals to handle a VP, Credit Strategist – Corporate Debt Financing role.
- The Business Aligned Risk Management Credit Team for Global Credit Financing and Solutions, supports Global Credit Trading within Global Markets. Role is based in Takoradi and part of a global team with representation also in the Europe Middle East Africa (EMEA).
- The desk currently manages specialized portfolios under defined portfolio caps and limits
- Transactions are typically complex, highly structured, secured, often non-recourse and of elevated leverage
- BRM GCFS supports the following Business units:
- Direct Lending [corporate underwriting]
- Debt Solutions [liquid | illiquid financial asset financing
- Transport, Infrastructure & Energy [asset & project finance]
- Distressed Product Group [secondary market loan trading book, new money banking book, loan restructurings and direct equity investments]
- Manage a portfolio of existing transactions with responsibilities including:
- Monitor counterparty performance by reviewing financial and operational reporting, confirming covenant compliance and assessing industry trends. Contribute to regular portfolio reviews.
- Monitor and evaluate ratings on an ongoing basis, identify credit deterioration and make recommendations for watch list. Conduct quarterly reviews as required for maintaining Ghana Regulatory classifications.
- Evaluate and make recommendations in respect to waiver and amendment requests.
- Support senior analyst in assessing new transactions, including [but not limited to] the following:
- Interface with Front Office on new deal screenings and assess credit risks related to operating environment, business strategy, financial profile and management. Provide preliminary views on ratings, risk appetite and compliance with regulatory and policy requirements.
- Participate in due diligence by reviewing internal and independent financial, commercial and technical analysis and evaluating business plans, financial projections and models, including downside scenario analysis.
- Review loan terms and documentation, assess compliance with underwriting standards, portfolio limits and other requirements.
- Review credit request memos, assess credit and repayment capacity, analyze valuations and liquidity.
- Determine ratings and LGDs, write and present credit recommendations to required approvers, and document and communicate credit decisions.
- Collaborate with other areas within the firm, including front office and support functions such as Market Risk, Regulatory and Advisory, Legal, Compliance, Finance and Operations
- Manage and respond to internal and regulatory audit requests and other senior management inquiries.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a risk management function, preferably including corporate lending and or derivatives and margin products.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills and knowledge of corporate finance; familiarity with structured finance transactions and legal documentation.
- Detail-focused with strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present information in a structured, clear and concise way.
- MSc Risk, Corporate Finance or CIMA, CAIA
How to Apply
Applicants should send their CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com